- Feb 21, 2023: We now have updated also the global list of all credit rating agencies – if you know any further credit rating agency which is missing in this list or if you find an issue, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Feb 14, 2023: We have updated the global list of all crypto rating agencies – if you know any further crypto rating agency which is missing in this list, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Nov 15, 2022: European rating agency Scope Ratings has published its first sovereign credit rating in Africa – with a credit assessment of South Africa (BB+, Stable Outlook). Scope seeks to offer an alternative long-term view for Africa’s sovereign ratings. The rating agency believes that its sovereign and sub-sovereign rating approaches reflect crucial local specificities of the African continent – see Scope ratings’ press statement.
- Apr 27, 2022: We have enhanced our ‘cryptoratings section’: Beside Baserank and Weiss Ratings, now also TokenInsight provides their cryptoratings (on a weekly basis). More than 800 cryptoratings are rated – check the list! Moreover, we have included a list of the most rated cryptoassets – there are 176 which are rated by all three crypto rating firms.
- Jan 17, 2022: The entire Wikirating Team wishes everyone (with a delay) a Happy New Year! We are working to update all sovereign credit ratings according to the Sovereign Wikirating Index (SWI). The results will be available end of January, since we will wait for the updated Corruption Perception Index values from Transparency International.
Wikirating in the News
- Oct 26, 2020: (Swiss Risk Association): TOP 5 – SWISS RISK AWARD 2020 – Wikirating is within the top 5 nominated individuals/teams for the Swiss Risk Award 2020 – see external link.
- Jul 21, 2020 (Middle East North Africa Financial Network – MENAFN): “St Lucia faces economic collapse amid extensive borrowing” – see external link.
- Feb 16, 2014 (t3n – digital pioneers): Wikirating: Why the alternative to established rating agencies relies on swarm intelligence [Interview] (in German) – see external link.
- Jan 24, 2014 (Coindesk.com): Wikirating supports the first Bitcoin ATM in Switzerland. Europe’s first bitcoin ATM made a guest appearance in the city – see external link.
Twitter feed is not available at the moment.
Scope Ratings’ 2021 External Vulnerability and Resilience rankings of 95 nations: Risks for emerging economies amid rising inflation, rates
Download Scope’s 2021 external vulnerability and resilience report and rankings. Scope Ratings’ methodology for assigning sovereign credit ratings is based on five analytical rating pillars, one of which is “external…
Every Country deserves an unbiased Sustainable Credit Rating
Our planet is on fire – the environmental protection and the sustainable usage of our global resources are one of the most urgent topics humanity has to solve. Unfortunately, most…
Cryptoasset Ratings – How they evolved so far
In January we announced a partnership with the crypto rating agencies Baserank and Weiss Crypto Ratings to publish regularly ratings for cryptocurrencies and -tokens. Since then Wikirating has weekly updated…
Wikirating, Baserank and Weiss Crypto Ratings join forces
Wikirating has today joined forces with Baserank and Weiss Ratings in a strategic alliance to support independent and reliable ratings for Bitcoin and hundreds of other digital assets. Starting now,…
Outlook 2021 – Wikirating updates 186 Country Ratings.
The year 2020 certainly was one of most unpleasant year for humanity. For us it was even more challenging to continue our work for transparent and independent credit ratings, since…
The Accuracy of Country Risk Ratings
This article summarizes Chapter 5 of Country Risk: The Bane of Foreign Investors by Norbert Gaillard (Springer, July 2020) This chapter focuses on the shocks that may affect firms…